Friday, August 21, 2009

REWIIIIIIIIIIIND: The REMIX is Dead. Who KILLED It?

Friday, August 21, 2009

Note: Rewind is the section where everything OLD will be revisited. From posts, to music, to clothes, anything that has been said or done before will be tagged with REWIND.

Here is one of my old blog posts from MySpace discussing the nearly extinct remix. I thought it could use some fresh eyes, so enjoy!

Well Diddy claims he invented it, but who killed it?

Let me start off by saying that yes the remix is dead. Nowadays you can hear the remix before you even here the original song. Or they premiere the original song and the remix right after it. An artist releases a new single and a week later here comes the remix. WTF mayne?

I wouldn't have a problem with a remix if the song was actually a remix! That's a why its called a remix right? You're supposed to like re-mix the song right? Please. Most times when you hear a remix its the same damn song with new people on it.

"Ay man I like the new joint you got out right now."

"Word."

"Yeah man you should've let me get a verse on it."

"Aight I'll let you, and him, and them jump on it and we'll call that shit the remix."

That's all a remix is today. The same damn song with about 8 muhfukkas on it (Ex. Party Like A Rock Star, I'm So Hood). Sometimes you'll have two remixes floatin around at the same time and you gotta ask people which remix they are referring to (Ex. Wipe Me Down, Get It Shawty). I guess they left some people off on the first remix, so they had to do it again.Word.

I hate the remix. Really the only purpose a remix serves is to keep an artist's flame burning a little longer. Now I have no problem with that, but it seems to be the only way most artists can get a little shine now. You know like instead of making another hot ass song, I'll just keep this same song out even longer.

Die creativity, die.

I can remember when the remix used to be a totally different song, or maybe it was an R&B song with a rap verse on it. Maybe the original song didn't do what it was supposed to, so VOILA! The remix! I remember when the remix used to get the party jumpin, now I see people sit down when the remixes come on.

So back to my original question. Who killed the remix?

Here are my culprits:

T.I.

UGK

Jeezy

Yung Joc

Kelz

T-Pain

Weezy F. Baby (My main culprit)

They really should call the remix the "Wee"mix cuz that MF was on damn near every remix that came out this year. I guess the remix can benefit an artist. Don't release an album. Just jump on everybody else's hot track of the moment, spit some gibberish, and then you too can be proclaimed the greatest rapper alive.

Yes folks, its that easy.

My New Year's Revolution: Stop Listening to Remixes.

I will not support a remix in any way this upcoming year. When a remix comes on the radio, I will turn the station. When the video comes on, I will turn the station. A car rides by playing a remix, I will throw a rock at the driver.

Will you join me in my quest? Together, we can make difference. Together, we will breathe life back into the remix.


Update: Now instead of remixes, they call them Part. 2, 2.5, 3, 4, etc. I digress.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

 
◄Design by Pocket